picturespost: Winner named on 'Dancing With the Stars'

Disclaimer

Kindly notify if I am infringing any copyright law. I understand I/We are here for fun and merriment. The purpose is not to harm anybody. Photos or any content posted belongs to those who are comfortable with showing them to others. I believe there is a complete sense of harmless fun involved in the postings.If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please email us and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.

Home , � Winner named on 'Dancing With the Stars'

Winner named on 'Dancing With the Stars'

 It was the first time in several seasons that there was no lone frontrunner leading into the "Dancing with the Stars" final, but after 10 weeks of competition, one team has emerged as the winners of the mirrorball.
He missed out on a Super Bowl ring back in February, but with the help of professional dancer Kym Johnson, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward now has a mirrorball for his trophy shelf.
"Starting this competition, I never thought I'd be in the finals, but I owe it all to Kym. She's an amazing teacher," a humbled Hines said after learning the news that he and his partner beat out Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy for the top spot.
Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas took third, as they were the first team eliminated on Tuesday's finale.
Hines thanked the judges for their constructive criticism over the weeks, but also threw his gratitude to the football fans back in Pittsburgh.
"We love Steeler Nation, Bulldog Nation (University of Georgia)... I hope I represented well," he said.
AH Nation Poll: Did the right pair win "Dancing with the Stars?"
Kirstie, who took second, reflected on her journey, telling co-hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke, "Dancing" was a special time in her life.
"It's like the most extraordinary adventure I've ever been on in my life and I want to thank Maks," she said turning to the newly tamed ballroom bad boy. "I love Maks."
Read more: Yahoo